Sunday 17 February 2013

Individual Reward Cards - Behaviour Management Part 4 + FREEBIE!


Another way I aim to create a positive class environment is through the recognition of individual behaviour.

Each student has his or her own sticker chart. When they are doing the right thing, they receive a sticker for their sticker chart. Once their sticker chart is complete, they get an individual reward.


I have a collection of approximately 15 different ‘reward cards’. The student can choose two from the pile (without looking). They can then read the two rewards (or I will read it to them) and they can choose which reward they would like to receive.

In previous years, when they finished their sticker chart they would get a little prize from the prize bag. However, the cost started adding up therefore, I have moved away from ‘bought’ items. Rewards include sitting next to their friend for the day, being to first out to recess, lunch and home time, being the teacher’s special helper for the week etc. I think these rewards make the students feel a bit more special and they really seem to enjoy them.

You can get a copy of the sticker charts I have created for use in your classroom. Click on the pic below to be taken to my TPT store and download for FREE!


Sticker Charts

SignOffPic

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I love this idea. I am your newest follower. I am going to try this with my students. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete