Wednesday 13 March 2013

Self Portrait Foil Art

I don't think I'm alone when I say - I LOVE PINTEREST! This is where I got my most recent art idea. A big shout out to Make It... A Wonderful Life for this foil art idea - it worked fabulously!



There were a few steps involved, which couldn't be done in the one lesson. First students transferred their photo image to a thick piece of card. Then I outlined the transfer with PVA glue and left to dry overnight. Students then glued foil (with a regular glue stick) onto the card. Using a blunt pencil, students finished with patterns in the background.

It was a lot of fun and the students were very proud of their finished 'abstract' artworks. We have displayed them in our entry classroom windows.


SignOffPic

3 comments:

  1. Nice work! I'm so happy that my tutorial and the artwork of my awesome artists inspired your students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pinterest and LOVE this idea! Very cool!

    Alison
    Teaching Maths with Meaning

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love it! I love Pinterest, if only there was enough time in ones today to explore it more.

    Claire

    claireheyne.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete